This is a project that I have been working on and off since July. I guess I suffered from designer's block as I wanted to make the top different from the one I made a couple of years ago. http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DCP_0322.jpg
I did finally settle on a design and got it completed in time to give it to my new daughter-in-law for Christmas. The design idea evolved from Joe Groat's toy box he once posted.
The project is all solid cherry except the bottom which is cherry ply. I used Olympic American Cherry stain and finished with Watco clear lacquer.
The hearts are created using a purchased pattern and the lettering was done using centerline on the Compucarve.
The lid is a floating raised panel. Over the length of this project the lid developed a slight bow that was corrected by adding a shim under one end of the piano hinge and then using felt bumper pads. This was done after the picture was taken
I made all the molding in my shop which was a new first for me.
This was the last project of the year and now I must work on cleaning and organizing.
Thanks for looking and comments are more than welcome. I have no idea what kind of time I have in this project as it was spread out over many months.