Well it all started at about 7:30 this morning. I made a pot of java then headed out to my shop.
The first thing I did was to find a piece of wood to experiment on. I found a piece if Cocobolo that was left over from last weekends pen making.
Next thing I did was layout everything to get started.
From here I found the center of the blank. Marking with a $1.00 razor knife I have been using for several years.
In this picture you can see the silver pencil markings that I used to trace in the cut lines
Now we are off to the Drill Press.
The first thing I do is check the for 90 degrees. I had to make an adjustment to make this work correctly. I was off by quite a bit. It has been several years since I have set up my drill press.
Now everything is 90 degrees to the shaft.
I start to fine tune the setup.
I now set the depth guide.
I do a double check on the drill press speed.
I start the process of drilling the hole that is going to hold the blade.
I finish the hole. That was easy enough.
Next I move over to the next machine and mount the spindle.
I rough in the tenon.
Fine tuning the tenon,
I do a test fit.
After a bit of shoulder work the Ferrule and the tenon are perfect.
Back to the lathe to shape the rest of the project.
Now comes the hard part. I do not have a lathe chuck. All I have is a Jacobs drill chuck. Its 1/2 inch so I am in luck.